Many men and women suffer from loose or stretched skin in different parts of the body due to weight loss and the natural aging process. Arm lift surgery – also referred to as Brachioplasty – is a cosmetic procedure that alleviates hanging upper arm skin (‘bat wings’). Plastic surgeons create an incision and remove excess skin and fat to reveal a toned and tightened appearance between the shoulder and the elbow. Most patients who undergo this procedure improve their comfort and feel more confident in their appearance.
Dr. Harish Ghildiyal perform Brachioplasty with the goal of tightening and smoothing the upper arm contour. Dr. Harish Ghildiyal understand that the needs of different individuals’ bodies are unique and work to create a highly customized treatment plan to suit the needs of each patient.
Ideal Candidates for Arm Lift Surgery
Brachioplasty plastic surgery is the perfect procedure to get rid of ‘bat wings’ and other aesthetic imperfections in the upper arm region. You may be a good candidate for this treatment if:
- You are physically and emotionally healthy.
- You have hanging upper arm skin and wish to appear healthy and fit again.
- You wish to tighten and tone your upper arm region following weight loss.
- You are near your ideal weight goal.
- You have reasonable expectations about the outcome of this procedure.
Dr. Harish Ghildiyal are uniquely placed to let you know whether this treatment is for you. During your initial consultation visit at Medicraft Plastic Surgery, your surgeon will examine your upper arm and listen to your concerns. He will also take your medical history and expectations into consideration before charting the way forward. The surgeon may recommend that patients who have good skin elasticity in the upper arm have liposuction instead of an arm lift.
Benefits of Brachioplasty
An arm lift is a great procedure choice for men or women who are looking to enhance the appearance and form of their upper arms. This cosmetic treatment offers many unique benefits:
- Removes excess skin and fat – enormous amounts of skin and fat between the armpit and the elbow can be particularly problematic. It is not uncommon for affected individuals to feel self-conscious and sometimes even embarrassed. Worse still, exercise and dieting may not yield the beautiful results you are looking for. Arm lift surgery removes unwanted skin and fat from your arms for a dramatic aesthetic improvement.
- Enhanced shape and tone – during Brachioplasty surgery, plastic surgeons will tighten and support the tissues beneath your upper arm skin. This results in an improved shape and reveals underarms that look much better.
- Better proportionality – sagging skin and excess fat deposits can result in arms that look out of proportion with the rest of your body.
- Brachioplasty plastic surgery is an excellent procedure to alleviate this issue so that you feel more confident in your form and silhouette.
- Improved choice of clothing – many people who have less-than-desirable upper arm appearance may refrain from wearing sleeveless tops and dresses. Arm lift surgery gets rid of excess skin and fat and reveals an upper arm appearance that you are eager to show off.
Brachioplasty is a delicate procedure that requires extensive training, experience, and expertise in order to perform properly. For patients, the key to a successful procedure is to find the right surgeon. Dr. Harish Ghildiyal brings keen professionalism as well as a commitment to results and safety to the job. Whatever your goals, the surgeon’s focus will be fixed on delivering an excellent outcome.
Types of Arm Lift Surgery
Dr. Harish Ghildiyal specialize in a number of arm lift techniques to suit the needs of different patients.
Patients who have excessive fat deposits in the upper arms but good skin elasticity can benefit from liposuction alone. Dr. Harish Ghildiyal will create tiny incisions in the treatment area then use a special device known as a cannula to remove it. This is a minimally invasive procedure that has a much shorter recovery time and results in little to no scarring.
Traditional Arm Lift
Extended Arm Lift
During your initial consultation visit to Medicraft Clinic, the surgeon will take the time to explain the various treatment modalities and help pinpoint the right technique for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Arm lift vs liposuction
Patients with good skin elasticity and excess pockets of fat in the upper arms region may benefit from liposuction plastic surgery. This is a minimally invasive body contouring treatment where tiny incisions are created and a special device known as a cannula is used to remove unwanted fat tissue. An arm lift, on the other hand, is the procedure of choice for patients who have sagging skin along with excess fat. This is a more comprehensive surgical procedure that aims to tone and tighten the entire upper arm area.
Will I have scars?
Scarring is inevitable after any surgical process. However, Dr. Harish Ghildiyal make sure to conceal incisions under the arms or in the armpit where they are hardly noticeable. The surgeons will also keep incisions to a minimum and enroll you in a post-operative scar management program to ensure that scars fade well with time. If you are concerned about scarring, make sure to discuss this with the surgeon during one of your consultation visits at Medicraft Clinic.
How long will my arm lift results last?
Brachioplasty is considered to be a permanent procedure that improves the appearance of the upper arms. Keep in mind though that your body will still undergo the normal aging process, which can negatively impact your result over the long term. Gaining or losing a significant amount of weight can also affect the outcome of your procedure. Most plastic surgeons recommend that you maintain a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise in order to make the most out of your surgery.